Using the Facility
Requests for cancer informatics services and consultation are initiated by email or phone to the faculty leader or facility manager and the most appropriate informatics personnel is put in contact with the UW Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC) member.
- The shared resource is available to all UW Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC) members.
- A basic level of consulting/collaborative support is provided free of charge to all peer-reviewed, cancer-related projects. Early stage interaction is especially encouraged.
UWCCC members who require more extensive biostatistical support are expected to provide funding through individual grants, usually by including effort, salary and computing support for the biostatistician.
- All consulting/collaborative support for non-peer-reviewed projects must be fully funded from appropriate funding source.
CISR personnel are available Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm by email.
CISR promotes high quality, innovative cancer research by providing members of the UWCCC with an informatics intellectual resource, including advancements in Bioinformatics, Clinical Informatics, Image Analysis and Computational Biology. CISR faculty bring expertise in genetics/genomics, bioinformatics, imaging, visualization techniques and clinical informatics. Consulting services include:
- Image analysis
- Clinical data
- Laboratory and computational biology software tools
- EMR data mining (including NLP)
- Data visualization
Any published research which received funding from the UWCCC Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG), including the use of UWCCC Shared Resources to generate or analyze data or conduct clinical trials, must reference the UWCCC. See Acknowledging UWCCC in Publications, Posters and Presentations.