The UW Carbone is thrilled to partner with the Division of Extension to build infrastructure (people, processes, systems, tools) that researchers and basic scientists can leverage to connect with and learn from the communities of Wisconsin while expanding cancer outreach efforts with Extension Community Health Educators in every corner of the state.
FOR EXTENSION EDUCATORS
If you are an Extension Educator and are interested in partnering with Carbone Cancer Center for any of the following activities, please contact us!
- Get trained on cancer outreach and education basics to share with your community
- Have the Carbone Outreach team come to your in-person or virtual event to staff a table, present outreach materials, or give an educational or research-related presentation.
- Seek financial sponsorship for a cancer –related event in your community
Example: Are you holding a community event such as a conference, cancer run or walk, health fair etc. that relies on community sponsorship?
- Seek financial support or guidance on implementing an evidence-based programs or cancer prevention initiatives.
- Have concerns about cancer in your community that you would like to share with Carbone researchers.
If you are a researcher looking to connect with the diverse communities across WI for any of the following, please contact us!
- To share research findings with community members who have specific interest in the results
- To partner with community members/ groups to better understand cancer –related issues
- To partner with communities to brainstorm, formulate or implement grant ideas
- To gain valuable input on research related tools, such as surveys, focus group questions, informed consents
- To work with communities on research dissemination plans
- To receive input, or a letter of support for your grant submission