The Carbone Cancer Center is a consortium of over 300 faculty based at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, focused on cutting-edge cancer treatment and research. Our members span 45 departments and 11 schools within UW-Madison, with research funding totaling over $100 million.
All individuals applying for UWCCC membership must have an active faculty appointment at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Members are selected for their active participation in cancer research, peer-reviewed research support and personal commitment to involvement in the activities of the UWCCC, specifically their commitment to supporting collaborative research within the Cancer Center. Many members have published peer reviewed cancer-related research and participate in UWCCC clinical research groups, known as Disease-Oriented Teams (DOTs). Others lead cancer clinical trials or contribute to the overall mission of the UWCCC in areas of patient care and/or community outreach.
UWCCC Members have access to the state-of-the-art Research Services supported by the UWCCC as well as:
- Eligible for core grant funds to support relevant research activities
- Eligible for allocation of UWCCC coordinated space to conduct research activities
- Eligible for UWCCC pilot funding to support appropriate cancer related research activities
Guide to Joining the UWCCC
- Faculty and researchers interested in UWCCC membership are encouraged to meet with the Program Leaders of the program most closely aligned with their interests prior to applying for membership. Contact information for leaders is listed on the individual scientific program page.
- Complete the online membership application form.
- Member applications are formally presented for review at monthly meetings of the UWCCC Senior Leadership Committee. A formal vote is taken and acceptance requires a majority approval.
- The applicant receives a letter from the Director noting membership approval. New members must sign the letter to acknowledge their membership.
- Acknowledge UWCCC membership in cancer-related publications and presentations
- Acknowledge shared services in cancer-related publications and presentations
- Collaborate with other UWCCC Members to develop and participate in cancer related research activities
- Provide necessary information required for the NCI Cancer Center Support Grant reporting requirements
- Comply with Federal Public Access requirements; BuckySubmit is a time-saving, one-stop service that submits soon-to-be-published manuscripts to one or more federal agencies on behalf of federal grant awardees. Learn more about BuckySubmit here
The UWCCC Research Retreat is an annual event hosted by the Carbone Cancer Center. It is an opportunity for cancer center members, research personnel, and students to learn more about the research happening at the UW Carbone Cancer Center.
The scientific mission of the UW Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC) is organized around six Scientific Programs. UWCCC Programs encompass laboratory research, clinical research, population sciences and advanced research training.
Welcome to our new Members! Members of the UWCCC are connected to world-class cancer researchers and resources, opportunities for collaboration, and have access to the UWCCC administrative resources for grant, contract, and clinical trial proposal development.