The Comfort Tote Program was created to support pancreas cancer patients and their caregivers specifically to address the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy treatment. The goal of the program is to provide newly diagnosed cancer patients a tote with items that help to ease pain and discomfort, provide information and bring solace during difficult times.
Task Force members collaborated with nurses and oncologists to carefully select high quality items to include in the Comfort Totes, such as:
- Fragrance-free lotions for sensitive skin
- Lip Balm for dried & cracked lips
- Puzzles & coloring books for the long hours in treatment rooms
- Spices to boost flavor and appetite
- Ginger products to help relieve nausea
The Task Force continually evaluates the contents and patient evaluation responses in order to update and refine the effectiveness and value of the Comfort Tote Program.